Tuesday, July 14, 2009

...

Today on my way home I spied the most excellent gentleman. 40ish, affluent looking, fedora sitting in an idling and very much bright yellow Corvette. Listening, on an inevitably superb sound system, to D’Angelo.

Sticking with tails from the pedestrian part of my commute, I had a nice run in with some skater kids last week. Across the street from the commerce building is a rather large marble expanse where every afternoon a large group of teenage skateboarders gather. To their great credit, the DC police appear to have no problem with this. (Although they also allow bikes on the sidewalks which I DO have a huge problem with). Anyway I pass by these kids every day on my way home, and they give me the requisite glares that as a suit I deserve. I always just nod back. So last Wednesday im walking past and this kid eats it and the board hurtles toward traffic. 3 quick steps and I snagged the board. STANDING OVATION from the little skaters. “Respect.”

Work is still good- beginning to realize that I need to get stuff done as I only have 3 weeks left. So far my least favorite thing about DC is that the subway stations are too dark to read in. Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment